Dog betting (or greyhound betting) can be just as fun and profitable as other races. Six dogs start to run on grass racetracks ranging in length from 230 to 1200 yards, and there can only be one winner: How are your prediction abilities?
If you are new to greyhound betting, don’t worry: We prepared this betting guide especially for you. Below, we explain dog racing betting in detail and talk about how to bet on dog races.
Moreover, we talk about how to win at greyhound racing too. This is an online dog betting for dummies guide and it contains everything you need to know, including a list of the best greyhound racing betting sites you can join right now. Let’s start and find out how to bet on greyhounds!
- 1Dog racing betting types: How does dog racing betting work?
- 2How to bet on dogs: A simple guide for betting on dog races
- 3Live dog betting vs simulcast greyhound betting
- 4Dog betting online vs greyhound betting track
- 5Dog track betting tips: How to win at dog racing?
- 6Best payment methods to use in greyhound betting sites
- 7Pros and cons of dog betting
- 8Frequently Asked Questions about dog racing betting:
- 9Learn how to win at dog racing & place your bets today!
A dog racing betting guide is not complete without a list of the best dog racing betting sites. There are hundreds of sports betting sites that offer greyhound betting but only a couple of them are trusted sports betting sites.
Well, we found them for you: Below, you can see a list of all legal betting sites that offer the best odds and bonuses for greyhound betting. Learn how to bet on greyhounds by reading this article, find your bookmaker from the list below, and place your first bet today!
Best Bookmakers for Dog Racing Betting in 20 May 2022 – Updated List
Greyhound betting betting types: How does dog racing betting work?
In order to learn how to bet on dogs, we need to talk about dog race betting terms first. We already have several guides for betting terms (such as horse betting terms) and most of the bet types apply to greyhound betting too.
So terms of horse racing and greyhound betting are quite similar. We are listing the most common terms for dog racing betting below and explain each one shortly so you can find out how does greyhound betting work.
DOG BET NAME
Note that most of these greyhound betting options are available as ante-post betting, which means you need to place your bets before the race starts. You can also place forecast bets and reverse forecast bets in greyhound betting.
However, lots of them are available for live dog betting & greyhound betting too. In any case, remember that greyhound races do not last very long: If you will place a bet, do it fast.
How to bet on dogs: A simple guide for betting on dog races
Let’s talk about how to place a bet online too. Dog track betting is quite simple and if you placed a bet for any sports before, you already know how to bet on greyhounds. . If not, we are here to help you: You can find information about how to bet on greyhound dogs below.
Before we start, let’s answer how old to bet on dogs question too. While the legal betting age is different in each country, we can say that you need to be at least 18 years old in general. Note that this age limit may be 21 in some countries: Check your local laws.
Live dog betting vs simulcast greyhound betting
Dog betting online vs greyhound betting track
So, what is the best way to bet on dog races? Should you go to the track or prefer greyhound racing online betting? Honestly, this is not even a real comparison: Online greyhound betting will always win. There are several reasons for this:
- There are only 17 dog racing tracks in the USA today. This number is way lower in other countries. This means unless you live next to the racetrack, going to it will be quite the adventure and require additional expenses.
- Online greyhound racing betting, on the other hand, allows you to place a dog bet for any race in any country. If you live in the USA, you can still place a dog bet for a race held in the UK.
- The odds of online greyhound racing betting will be much competitive and dynamic. Overall, you will almost always get better odds.
In short, nobody goes to the race tracks to place a bet nowadays: Stick with online dog betting.
Dog track betting tips: How to win at dog racing?
- Start by learning about dog racing betting odds. Most of the time, they will be fractional, like 4/1. The number on the right shows your wager (i.e. 1 EUR). The number on the left shows your payout (i.e. 4 EUR). The odds can be decimal too, like 5.00. You can multiply this number with your wager to find out what the payout will be.
- Use a dog racing betting strategy and don’t rely only on your luck. A simple greyhound racing strategy will be selecting fixed price odds. This way, you can guarantee the payout when you make your bet. When selecting the Starting Price (SP) you will only find the odds right before the race starts. We explain more in the “What does SP mean in betting” guide.
- Just like horses, make your research about dogs/greyhounds too. Some of them are fast finishers and some of them run faster when put on the track with a particular dog. Learn everything you can about the dogs and make sure that you know as much as their trainers: This is the answer to how to win at greyhound racing.
- There is no single greyhound betting system that works on all races & events. Do not pick a single strategy and use it in all scenarios: Learn multiple strategies and adapt them to different situations. The ability to switch between strategies based on the race is what sets the beginners and veterans apart.
- Almost always, you will get better odds at live greyhound betting. They are tricky: The greyhound races don’t last too long and you don’t have a long time to place your bet. However, the opportunity is still there: If you are good enough to analyze the offers & odds before the race ends, you will always get better odds at live greyhound betting. Switch to live races & betting after you gain enough experience.
Best payment methods to use in greyhound betting sites
Pros and cons of greyhound betting
- Very similar to horse betting
- Lots of different greyhound betting options
- High odds & good payouts are available
- You can always find a dog race to bet on
- Dogs are not as predictable as horses
- The number of greyhound races keeps decreasing
Frequently Asked Questions about dog racing betting:
This depends on your experience. If you are a beginner, stick with win-place bets for a while: They offer nice odds and winning chances. Professionals can try exacta or key trifecta betting to get higher odds and increased payouts.
UK gambling sites and law state that dog and/or greyhound betting is completely legal in this country. At the moment, greyhound betting is legal in eight countries and these are UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, USA, Vietnam, China, and Mexico.
Sure you can. As long as you prefer licensed and well-known bookmakers, there won’t be a problem. In fact, most of the time, offshore bookmakers will offer much better odds for greyhound racing betting.
Almost all of the bookmakers offer some kind of bonus for greyhound betting. You can find regular welcome, reload, and free bet promotions at dog betting bookies too. You can even find live betting bonuses for all kinds of dog races.
If the website of the greyhound betting bookmaker is compatible with mobile devices, yes. You don’t even need to use a native app: Simply visit the website with your mobile phone and use it like any other mobile website.
No. There are no lucky numbers or anything like that. Gamblers tend to be superstitious people so you will always hear “legends” like this. They are never true.
Learn how to win at dog racing & place your bets today!
Well, this is the end of our greyhound betting explained guide and you have learned everything you need to know about dog betting: You even know how to win at greyhound racing. Now it is time to start your greyhound betting career – pick one of our recommended bookies (such as William Hill greyhound betting) and join today.
As always, don’t forget to grab your bonus too, it can help you to make a good start. Dog racing betting is fun and as profitable as any other sports, and with the right bonuses at our greyhound betting UK bookies, we are sure that you will start winning in no time. Before you start betting you can also read how to bet on dog racing strategy.Good luck out there!
Other related articles you might like: