As the third biggest gambling destination in the world, Singapore sports betting industry is very profitable.
Masses of wealthy people from China, Indonesia, and other Asian countries where gambling is mostly prohibited, flock to Singapore and contribute billions of dollars to Singapore bookmakers and top international gambling companies.
Although a lot of Singapore bet activities occurs here, gamblers are quite limited in their betting options.
Surprisingly, online soccer betting Singapore and other kinds of an online betting account Singapore are prohibited. As we will explain in detail below, gambling bets in Singapore are legal as long as they are placed in physical booths. But you cannot use a betting account in Singapore to place the same bet online: This is considered illegal.
- 1The Legality of Singapore Betting Online
- 2Sports Betting Singapore: What Are Your Options?
- 3Best Online Betting Sites Singapore: We Picked Them for You
- 4How Did We Pick These Recommended Singapore Betting Sites?
- 5What to Really Expect from Betting in Singapore
- 6What are the Best Sports Betting Sites and Bookmakers for Singapore?
- 7What are the Most Popular Sports in Singapore?
- 8Payment Methods of Singapore Online Betting Sites
- 9Safety of Betting Sites in Singapore
- 10Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Singapore?
- 11Are there any Sports Betting Bonuses and Free Bets for Singaporean Players?
- 12Singapore Online Betting Pros and Cons
- 13Frequently Asked Questions About Sports Betting Singapore
Top 10 Betting Sites for Singapore  - Updated List
The Legality of Singapore Betting Online
Singaporean gambling laws allow for just 2 casinos and locals are forced to pay a $100 levy in order to enter these venues. Betting in Singapore is allowed, but with limitations.
Internet betting and live betting Singapore activities, on the other hand, is prohibited under Singapore’s 2014 Remote Gambling Bill and both players, Singapore bookmakers, international betting sites, and gaming sites face stiff penalties for breaching the rules.
In other words, there are no local Singapore betting sites. A Singapore bookie can operate legally in the country, as long as he offers his services “physically”. But he cannot be a Singapore online sportsbook: That’s prohibited by law.
You cannot find a gambling site in Singapore and for the same reason, there is no such thing as best betting site from Singapore. All of the sports betting Singapore websites are located abroad.
Sports Betting Singapore: What Are Your Options?
Best online betting sites Singapore - We picked them for you
First, we found all of the legal betting websites such as 1xBet, William Hill, and Tornado Bet. Second, we tried them personally to verify that they can be used for betting in Singapore. Third, we reviewed them in detail and found out everything you need to know. Lastly, we picked only the best ones to suggest you.
Below, you can see our recommendations for sports betting sites Singapore. No matter which one you pick, you will get the best possible experience, whether it is a football betting online Singapore or Singapore live sports betting event.
How Did We Pick These Recommended Singapore Betting Sites?
What to Really Expect from Betting in Singapore
The most important things you should know about Singapore betting sites are:
- Land-based casinos and bookmakers can operate in Singapore. However, each one must be licensed by the Casino Regulatory Authority (CRA). The terms of this license are quite harsh and therefore the number of legal gambling operators is extremely low.
- Online gambling in Singapore is regulated by a special law. In theory, the CRA can also issue a license for online bookmakers and casinos. However, for this, the operator must operate in the country, including servers, and already have a license for land-based gambling. This means that only current land-based operators can be granted an online license.
- Existing operators, therefore, keep the scope of their online services quite limited. There are only a few legal operators in the country, and all of them fall under the category of pool betting sites. Bookmakers in the traditional sense are not available in Singapore. Pool betting is the most common (and only legal) type of betting in the country.
- The low quality and limited scope of the local service leads Singaporean players to play on international sites. While local laws create a couple of problems with money transfers, almost all Singaporean players prefer global operators such as Malina Sports, ZigZag777 Sports, Argo Casino, X-Bet, and Casinia Bet.
Therefore, if you are thinking about placing a sports bet or playing a casino game from Singapore, you should do the same: Play at international bookmakers, not the local ones. And don’t worry about the strict gambling laws: It is true that unlicensed gambling is a crime punishable by prison sentence in Singapore, but this law is for operators only, not players.
You can still play at international bookmakers and casinos; this is not a crime. The only problem will be about transferring money to and from Singapore betting sites, and we explain how you can solve this problem below.
What are the Best Sports Betting Sites and Bookmakers for Singapore?
What are the Most Popular Sports in Singapore?
Like almost anywhere else in the world, the most popular sport in Singapore is football. The country has its own professional league called the Singapore Premium League, and 10 teams are constantly competing in it.
The Singapore national football team has also won the AFF Championship several times, the most prestigious football competition in Southeast Asia. Hence, online soccer betting Singapore is also quite popular.
Other popular sports in the country include bitcoin cricket betting, rugby, badminton, cycling, and basketball. As Singapore is an island, water sports are also common, and kayaking and waterskiing are in the first place.
Finally, let’s point out that exotic sports such as speak takraw (kick volleyball), silat, and water polo also attract attention in the country.
Payment Methods of Singapore Online Betting Sites
Safety of Betting Sites in Singapore
When it comes to the safety of Singapore betting sites, the usual rules apply: Make sure the Singapore betting website is licensed (either by CRA or another reputable agency), encrypts all of its pages by SSL, and complies with Responsible Gambling practices.
A fairness certification from an independent third party (i.e. eCOGRA) is always a plus. We have a list of sportsbooks that lists the 100 best betting sites, so you can take a look at it if you are looking for legal betting sites.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Singapore?
Are there any Sports Betting Bonuses and Free Bets for Singaporean Players?
Singaporean sports gambling devotees that courageously flout the law by placing bets with online bookmakers can offset the potential financial burden of fines by collecting some valuable sports betting bonuses.
There are loads of cash bonuses available. Argo Casino and IVI Casino are all offering €50 in bonus betting cash. X-Bet makes it a cinch to collect €100 in cash bonuses. How would you like 150 EUR in bonus betting cash? It’s just a few mouse clicks away at Casinia Bet and Malina Sports. You can also benefit from Melbet sign up offer of 100% up to €100 on your first deposit.
These bonuses are easy to claim and they are fun to use. Go to the promotions section at Gamblingjudge.com to get your hands on one today. Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions that apply to these awesome bonuses. Many look similar but there are significant differences in qualifying requirements and usage.
Singapore Online Betting Pros and Cons
- Tote betting is pretty popular
- Lots of legal pool betting opportunities
- Legally, there is no such thing as a “gambling debt”
- Gambling in public is a punishable crime
- Legal gambling options are quite limited
Frequently Asked Questions About Sports Betting Singapore
Yes. Just like all other operators, Singapore online betting sites also offer customer support in a variety of ways: You can contact support via live chat, email, or telephone – depends on the operator.
Football is the most popular sport in Singapore and the national football team has won a couple of AFF Championships. Cricket, rugby, badminton, cycling, and basketball are also quite popular.
Yes, land-based casinos are legal, as long as they are licensed by CRA (Casino Regulatory Authority). Online casinos are also legal, but there are extremely strict terms – we listed all of them above.
Bet365 is not a licensed operator in Singapore. Therefore, it cannot operate in the country. However, Singaporean bettors/players can still join the international website of Bet365.
Singapore is not listed as an “accepted country” in 1xBet terms and conditions. However, this does not mean that you cannot join: Try registering a new account and see if you can finish the process.
There is no tax for land-base or online gambling in Singapore. Even if you win millions, there will be no taxes. However, a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore must pay 150 SGD when he/she wants to enter to a casino and must pay the same amount every 24 hours.