For several decades, Danske Spil had a monopoly on gambling in Denmark. After the Danish Gambling Act was passed and implemented in 2012, the Danish Gambling Authority, or Spyllemindigheden, began issuing licenses to the biggest betting companies.
Spyllemindigheden now controls most gambling activities here although Danske Spil still maintains authority over lotteries, dog betting, horse, and pigeon racing as well as bingo. They also offer sports wagering but are in competition with international betting sites. Danske Spil is still the choice of many Danish punters and currently claims a majority of the action that sports bettors place.
Online bookies are a relatively new legal option for Danish punters and they are slowly chipping away at Denmark’s booming betting market. The licensing process is very thorough and the regulations are strictly enforced which means that punters can rest assured that they can trust the online operators to provide a fair and secure sports betting companies experience. Spyllemindigheden has been effective in its attempts to curb illegal operators and they have blacklisted a large number of rogue operators.
- 1The History of Sports Betting Denmark
- 2What are the Best Sports Betting Sites and Bookmakers for Denmark?
- 3Laws and regulations for betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark
- 4Are there any Sports Betting Bonuses and Free Bets for Danish Players?
- 5Choosing top sports betting sites Denmark
- 6Place your first bet at Denmark betting sites
- 7Popular sports available in online betting sites in Denmark
- 8Payment options for online betting Denmark
- 9Mobile betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark
- 10What you should expect from betting sites in Denmark
- 11FAQ about Denmark betting sites and bookmakers
Top 10 Betting Sites for Denmark in 01 November 2023 – Updated List
The History of Sports Betting Denmark
What are the Best Sports Betting Sites and Bookmakers for Denmark?
Danish punters enjoy a wide range of choices when they are searching for a reputable online bookmaker. Many of the biggest and most trusted brands are operating here. Betfair, perhaps the biggest name in sports betting exchanges also operates here.
Punters also turn to Stake Sports, Bwin, 22Bet, Party, and ParadiseWin. when they want to bet with a respected bookmaker. 20bet, Powbet, and Campeonbet have also made a good impression in this market.
These sportsbooks allow punters to enjoy the latest options such as text betting, mobile betting, live streaming, and in-play wagering on a wide range of markets. If you are a Danish punter who is looking for the best betting sites with live streaming, then have a look at the list of sportsbooks reviews that are posted at Gamblingjudge.com. Don’t forget to claim some of the great bonuses too.
Laws and regulations for betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark
Are there any Sports Betting Bonuses and Free Bets for Danish Players?
Zigzag is promoting their €100 free bet offer. Mostbet $300 free bet is quite alluring as is Fezbet‘s $100 in free bets. Of course, many people prefer to get cash bonuses and Danish bookmakers offer a lot of them. William Hill will add €30 to Danish accounts. Also $250 cash bonuses can be claimed at TotoGaming.
There are many more great cash bonuses and free bets available to players from Denmark and they can be found at Gambling Judge. These bonuses are easy to claim and they can make you a lot of money. Just be sure to read the terms and conditions that apply to each one. A lot of them look very similar but there are significant differences in how they can be procured and used.
Choosing top sports betting sites Denmark
Place your first bet at Denmark betting sites
- First check our list of best sports betting sites Denmark and choose one.
- Go to the site of your choice and complete the registration process.
- Log in with your user information and make your first deposit. In this way, you will also activate a promotion: For example, you can feel at home with a sports 25 welcome bonus.
- Open the home page and select a sport from the list on the left. You will see a list of matches you can bet on.
- Choose from this list. All the betting options and odds offered for that match will be displayed in the middle of the screen. Select one.
- Your selection will be transferred to the slip on the right. Enter the bet amount and complete the transaction. If you’re just starting out, be sure to check out our guides like how to bet on draws.
Popular sports available in online betting sites in Denmark
Payment options for online betting Denmark
You can use several payment options at betting sites in Denmark, but we believe that these are the most convenient ones:
- Bank transfer: Wire transfers take long to complete but they are the most safe and secure method. Our article about bank transfer bookmakers and betting sites contains more info. If you want faster transactions, you can choose Trustly betting sites and/or Rapid Transfer bookmakers and betting sites too.
- Electronic Wallets: All available e-wallet services can be used in Denmark. For convenience, we recommend starting with PayPal bookmakers and betting sites. If you are looking for alternatives, check our article about eWallet bookmakers and betting sites.
Cryptocurrencies: Cryptos like Bitcoin are fast, amazingly secure, and protect your privacy. If you are a beginner, make sure to read our guide on Bitcoin bookmakers and betting sites: It contains everything you need to know.
Mobile betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark
All betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark we recommend have a mobile site that works seamlessly on mobile platforms. You don’t need to use an app to play on these sites: just use your mobile device’s browser. In this context, let us state that this is the situation in the sector now. Most operators today prefer optimizing the mobile version of their website rather than investing in a mobile app. Whichever operating system you use (iOS/Android) you can play on the sites recommended in this article without any problems.
What you should expect from betting sites in Denmark
- Gambling is legal
- There are lots of local operators
- You can bet and play with DKK
- Bonuses of local operators are somehow limited
- International bookmakers still offer more betting options
FAQ about Denmark betting sites and bookmakers
Danish krone (DKK) is the official currency, so it is available in all betting sites in Denmark. Note that there are lots of international operators that support DKK too.
Danish players do not pay any taxes for their gambling related winnings. Betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark, on the other hand, pay 20% of their GGR as tax.
Customer service is excellent and in Danish in Denmark betting sites and bookmakers, as long as they are licensed and legal.
As far as we know, none of the betting sites in Denmark offer this gambling type. You need to use international betting sites to bet on esports.
Danish are traditional people, and they like simple bets. Overall, moneyline bets are the most common wager in the country.
Yes. You can place your bets pre-match or during the match, until it finishes. Almost all betting sites in Denmark support live bets.
As long as they are licensed by Spillemyndigheden, yes. This is the Danish Gambling Authority and any international operator can get a license from it.
Check all new online betting sites Denmark and pick one
We checked all Denmark betting sites and bookmakers whether they are betting sites in Denmark or betting sites and bookmakers from Denmark. No matter what their “origin” is, we picked the best ones for you. Simply select one, make your first deposit, and place your first bet with a bonus: It is as easy as that. We wish you good luck!