The gambling market is a global one and international betting sites cater to players from all over the world.
Depending on whether they have the headquarters and the regulatory body governing their business, international sports betting sites are more or less secure.
The ones recommended in our guide are legitimate operators that are licensed by reliable regulatory bodies to provide fair sports betting services to an international audience.
- 1Top 10 international betting sites  - Updated list
- 2A glance at international betting sites worldwide in 2021
- 3What are international sports betting sites?
- 4Top 10 global betting sites in 2021
- 5How to choose the best international sports betting sites?
- 6International betting sites key features
- 7Find a legal international sports betting site in your country
- 8Fast and reliable payment methods at international betting sites
- 9Pros and Cons of international betting sites
- 10International betting sites in the UK
- 11International betting sites in Europe
- 12International betting sites in Canada
- 13International betting sites in Australia
- 14International betting sites in Africa
- 15Distinguish between white, grey and black markets
- 16Frequently Asked Questions about international betting sites:
- 17Aim big with international sports betting sites
Top 10 international betting sites  - Updated list
A glance at international betting sites worldwide in 2021
International and domestic sports took a hit in 2021 because of the pandemic and had to adjust to the new reality. It was a trying time for all international betting sites, but the magnitude of these operators allowed them to overcome the challenge.
Many of these gambling groups also run online casinos that players can access with the same account, so the diversification of portfolio has kept them afloat. Now they are ready to return to business and new players will be the main beneficiaries of bigger and more frequent bonuses.
What are international sports betting sites?
Top 10 global betting sites in 2021
How to choose the best international sports betting sites?
This is the Golden Age of sports betting because as a modern punter you have plenty of options and the only real challenge is to deal with the paradox of choice.
Having so many international soccer betting sites to choose from, it can be different to identify the best operator. These are a few of the key criteria you should be using to make the right choice and gamble exclusively at safe betting sites.
Reputation is key
Don't compromise on security
Withdrawal policy and speed
Bonuses and promotions
Friendly and intuitive software
Professional customer support
International betting sites key features
There are several reasons for choosing international sports betting sites instead of local operators who are restricted to a single country. Global bookmakers have better coverage of local sports and grant players access to a broader selection of special sports betting markets.
This gives punters an edge and provides them with the chance to take advantage of unique opportunities. Global sports betting companies also tend to offer high odds, as they face tough competition both internationally and locally.
Promotions and special offers also tend to be more generous at international betting sites with signup bonuses. As a partner, you are more likely to benefit from exclusive deals aimed at marking special moments for local sports. The beginning of a new championship, a grand final or other special events can trigger exclusive bonuses that are not available at local bookies.
Find a legal international sports betting site in your country
Fast and reliable payment methods at international betting sites
Online international betting sites have diversified their list of banking options to accommodate a diverse audience. One of the main advantages of playing here is that you can load your account and cash out winnings using dozens of popular and niche payment methods like PurplePay and PurplePay bookmakers.
Credit cards, debit cards and prepaid cards, as well as e-wallet and bank transfers, are available at both European betting sites and Asian bookies. Many locally popular financial instruments can be featured, to address the particularities of local betting markets. Zimpler bookmakers are addressed at the moment to Swedish and Finnish players only. You can expect instant deposits at most bookies and waiting times of less than 5 banking days for cash outs.
Pros and Cons of international betting sites
- Extensive collection of sports and markets
- Odds that exceed the industry average
- Bigger bonuses for new players and existing members
- Special promotions to mark key sporting moments
- Licensed in a different country and subject to foreign laws
International betting sites in the UK
United Kingdom has one of the best regulated markets and the UK GC compels licensed bookmakers to uphold the highest safety standards. Not surprisingly, some of the top five international betting sites are licensed here, to project an image of trustworthiness.
Customer support in English and deposits in GBP are the rule, but given their global reach, these bookmakers accept other currencies and offer support in several other languages. Ladbrokes, William Hill, Bet365 and 888 Sport are some of the worthy options.
International betting sites in Europe
The European betting market is massive and all the important international betting sites accept players from the old continent. Some chose to apply for a local license, such as the one issued by the Malta Gaming Authority, to lawfully provide sports betting services.
The Euro is the default currency and customer support offers assistance in several languages to provide tailored services to Europeans. In fact, many of the international betting sites for US customers also have headquarters in Europe.
International betting sites in Canada
Unlike their southern neighbors, Canadian are allowed to open betting accounts at international sports betting sites. Gambling is legalized here and as long as they choose a bookmaker that is licensed, punters enjoy a secure and fun gaming experience.
Global operators are happy to accept players from Canada and provide them with the opportunity to bet on CAD, while offering support in both English and French. There are also many crypto-currency bookmakers and casinos, and of course Interac betting sites, that welcome Canadians with open arms.
International betting sites in Australia
There are only a handful of local bookmakers and casinos in Australia, but plenty of international betting sites accepting players from this country. The particularity of this nation is that restrictions apply when it comes to live betting, which negatively impacts in-play wagering.
On the bright side, international betting sites Australia have some of the biggest bonuses for new players and some of the best ongoing offers. Just like in South Africa, rugby is the most popular sport here, ahead of football, basketball and tennis.
International betting sites in Africa
Africa is one of the fastest rising gambling markets in the world, as more people have gained access to the Internet in recent years. The appetite for sports betting is on the rise here and there are only a handful of local bookies able of meet expectations.
This led to a surge of international betting sites accepting local players, focusing mainly on the prosperous nations of Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria and Uganda.
- Kenya – Bookmakers in Kenya dedicate ample coverage to the local sports, including inferior divisions. Bonuses are offered in local currency, but many have expanded their reach to also allow deposits in crypto currency.
- South Africa – is one of the richest African nations and there are many international betting sites in South Africa. Rugby is the sport that spends most time in the spotlight here, because of the strength of the Springboks, but punters can bet on dozens of other sports.
- Nigeria – is the most populous nation in Africa and also one of the fastest rising economies in the region. The number of international betting sites in Nigeria is on the rise, with players getting to choose from an eclectic mix of local bookies and gambling operators headquartered elsewhere.
- Uganda – has emerged as one of the countries with the greatest appetite for gambling in general and sports betting in particular. The growing Internet coverage and the high use of mobile devices for gambling have led to an increase in the number of international sports betting sites in Uganda.
Distinguish between white, grey and black markets
Educated punters will strive to find a legal betting site, so they can place their bets with a brand that lawfully operates in their country. When it comes to overseas betting sites it can be more difficult to determine legality, so it’s essential to understand the three types of sports betting markets.
Based on the attitude towards gambling, the regulations and the restrictions that apply, countries can be divided into white, grey and black markets.
- White markets – are the countries where sports betting is legal and where bookmakers are expected to apply for a license. These are ideal for punters who seek long-term partners who play by the rules, respect the law and copyright, to provide a secure sports betting environment
- Grey markets – are the nations where sports betting isn’t regulated yet players are not forbidden from signing up and betting. In these markets, you can join international sports betting sites, but if things go bad you don’t have a clear path to challenge unfair decisions.
- Black markets – are places where sports betting and other forms of gambling are prohibited. Residents of these countries who choose to join international betting sites do so at their own peril, as they risk the wrath of the law and being tricked by rogue operators.
Frequently Asked Questions about international betting sites:
If you play at a licensed bookmaker, you mitigate the risks of being scammed, tricked or deceived in other way. Regulated international betting sites operate lawfully and treat players fairly.
The name speaks for itself and most international sports betting sites accept players from all over the world. Some country restrictions might apply and they are usually detailed during the sign-up process.
There are plenty of international betting sites that accept Paypal and other electronic wallets such as Skrill and Neteller. These payment methods are preferred because of speedy withdrawals and absence of fees.
When country restrictions apply, you can either find a bookmaker that accept your business or try to bend the rules. You can use a VPN to circumvent the restrictions, but this is not a recommended thing to do.
There are plenty of international betting sites with free bets and operators that welcome new players with bonuses and promotions. As long as you are from an accepted country you will qualify for all the freebies.
Aim big with international sports betting sites
The Internet has rendered distances irrelevant and you can bet on your favorite sports and teams from anywhere on the globe. Whether you live in Europe, Canada or Africa, you can enjoy the services of international and live streaming betting sites.
Choose licensed bookmakers that accept players from your country to enjoy access to a massive selection of sports and betting markets. Cash in on generous odds and take part in generous promotions to fulfill your estimations as a truly international punter.