Offshore sportsbooks accept members from all countries, offer competitive odds, and give several bonuses that will help you to make a fast start. As long as you play at the top 5 offshore bookmakers, you can get all of these advantages and more.
If you want to learn more about offshore sportsbooks, keep reading this betting guide. Below, we will explain what this term means and give you an up-to-date list of top offshore sportsbooks.
- 1Top 5 offshore sportsbooks list in 2021
- 2What are the top offshore sportsbooks?
- 3Top offshore bookmakers vs. regular bookmakers: What is the difference?
- 4Offshore sportsbooks – What is legal and what is not?
- 5Staying safe when betting at offshore sportsbooks
- 6How do we pick top offshore sportsbooks?
- 7How to join top offshore sports betting sites?
- 8Top ways to bet at offshore sportsbooks
- 9Payment methods of top offshore sportsbooks
- 10How to deposit at your favourite offshore sportsbook
- 11What’s next? Starting out offshore sportsbook
- 12Pros and cons of offshore betting sites
- 13Frequently Asked Questions about top offshore gambling sites:
Top 10 online sportsbook welcome bonuses  - Updated list
Top 5 offshore sportsbooks list in 2021
What are the top offshore sportsbooks?
There are thousands of online sportsbooks on the internet: Some are located in “regular” countries and some are located in offshore islands. NFL betting sites, for example, can be found in the United Kingdom and Panama. Both offer the chance to place bets for the NFL, but in different places and with different licenses. Any sportsbook based in an offshore location (Gibraltar, Panama, Macau, etc.) can be called an “offshore bookmaker”. When compared to other bookmakers, they have no notable difference that concerns the end-user regarding the services they offer. However, as we will explain below, they may offer low odds vs high odds or just, low odds, and accept members from a larger number of countries that accept all odds movement.
Top offshore bookmakers vs. regular bookmakers: What is the difference?
- They are located on offshore islands, due to liberal tax laws. For example, Panama is a “tax haven” and has no income or corporate taxes of any kind.
- They are licensed from offshore agencies. For example, Isle of Man, another offshore island, issues licenses for online gambling and betting. These licenses are cheaper than non-offshore ones and, to be honest, they are not as reputable as the licenses of Malta and The United Kingdom, for example. However, they are still electronic gaming licenses that make offshore bookmakers legal.
- They offer much more competitive odds. Due to local laws and taxes, the odds of regular bookmakers cannot exceed a certain threshold. Top offshore sportsbooks, on the other hand, can offer higher odds, since they are not restricted with these. Simply put, you can win much more for the same bet.
Offshore sportsbooks – What is legal and what is not?
Staying safe when betting at offshore sportsbooks
How do we pick top offshore sportsbooks?
We used several criteria in order to pick the best offshore sportsbooks:
Ease of Use
How to join top offshore sports betting sites?
Joining top new offshore sportsbooks is easy and no different than joining any other online bookie. Here is what you need to do:
Top ways to bet at offshore sportsbooks
You may want to consider learning about offshore sportsbook raking compared to local ones. Like the casino world has RTP, sportsbooks have raking. This tells players who much the bookmaker takes from each bet. Generally, the best online sportsbook will offer no-juice or reduced rake spreads, and this could be advantageous for you.
The average offshore bettor will typically stick to the same type of bet, irrespective of where they play, but you’ll still need to ensure that there is a variance here. You should be looking at wagering on money lines betting, parlays betting, betting accumulators, futures, over under betting, props, and more. A wealth of betting options coupled with decent odds ensure that our best online sportsbooks offer fair payouts for US players, sometimes even prosperous ones.
Payment methods of top offshore sportsbooks
The payment methods of top offshore sportsbooks are no different than “regular” bookmakers. You can use credit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, bank transfers, and even voucher codes to make deposits and withdrawals. In other words, all of the methods you are used to seeing at dollar betting sites and USA betting sites are still available. The only exception is PayPal: This specific e-wallet service is known for working with “regular” bookmakers only, especially those that have legalized online gambling at a national level.
Finding the top bookmakers by payment methods is essential at betting websites. Less established and reputable offshore bookies may slap you with fees when withdrawing. If you’re not careful, these can rapidly spiral out of control. Some may have unattractive minimum withdrawal limits of $100 up to $500 and still hit you with a fee in excess of $50.
Top-rated offshore sportsbooks won’t penalize you for being successful and wanting to cash out your winnings. Sure, even the best sportsbooks for US players may have some sort of withdrawal fee, but it will be reasonable and not based on how much you win. Again, this is something that our top bookmakers with statistics can help you with.
How to deposit at your favourite offshore sportsbook
Whether you play at a Trustly offshore sportsbook, a VISA one or use an alternative provider, the above process should be near-enough identical for all payment options.
What’s next? Starting out offshore sportsbook
You have checked out our updated list of offshore sportsbooks and opted to join one of the top 10 sportsbooks we recommend. What’s next? If you’re not sure about how the process works, allow us to highlight the steps in this short section on starting out the best sportsbooks for offshore players. Assuming you have completed the e-form registration process and have made your first deposit, what’s next? Well, you get to bet, of course.
Pros and cons of offshore betting sites
- Competitive & higher odds
- Can be joined from almost any country
- All of the usual betting options are available
- US players can join
- Licenses are not very reputable
- PayPal is usually not available
Frequently Asked Questions about top offshore gambling sites:
With a few exceptions, gambling is considered illegal in this country and the USA is not an “offshore” location. So no, there are no offshore bookmakers located in the USA.
Check the license of the bookmaker: Top offshore online sportsbooks always have a reputable license. Also, play at our recommended top offshore sportsbooks, we always check their safety.
That depends, but usually no. It is often nationally licensed rather than offshore sports betting sites that offer mobile betting apps. However, many good betting sites (particularly the big ones) may still offer this feature, so it is worth looking out for.
Briefly explained, an offshore bet is any wager made by any player residing in any country where the betting site they are playing at is not licensed. For instance, if US players wager at US betting sites, this is deemed to be national betting. However, if the same US player bets at Curacao licensed bookies, they are betting at one of many offshore books.
We picked the top rated offshore sportsbooks for you
And the rest is up to you: Check the top 5 offshore sportsbooks list above and pick one or browse our website to find more top offshore sportsbooks.
We have the best online bookmakers for all types of sports betting and we can even list bookmakers by payment methods, so you can always find the best bookie for your specific needs. As always, we wish you good luck!