Free bets at UK betting sites are commonplace. The country is filled with an ample number of secure, licensed free bet bookies for UK players to enjoy.
UK residents love to gamble on everything from lotteries and slot machines to horses and sports. This is one reason that gambling companies are so successful in the UK. Online betting sites that cater to UK residents are also raking in the cash.
One effective tool that online betting companies are using to target this lucrative market is free bets. This is a way to attract new customers that have enough disposable income to yield a satisfying return for the biggest betting companies.
- 1Are all free bets in the UK free?
- 2How many free bets are there for UK customers?
- 3The best types of free bet offers for UK players to claim
- 4Getting to grips with the Ts and Cs of UK free bets
- 5How do UK free bet offers compare to the ones for other countries?
- 6Tips to get started with free bets at UK bookmakers
- 7Get started with UK free bets with these 5 short steps
- 8Who offers free bets to UK players?
- 9The perks and pitfalls of UK free bet offers
- 10Frequently Asked Questions about UK Free Bets:
- 11Bag your free bet UK bonuses today!
Best Free Bet Offers for UK Players in 22 June 2022 – Updated List
Are all free bets in the UK free?
Some top free bets in the UK will require players to deposit, but if they give you back your deposit should you lose, they are also technically free. However, popular deposit bonuses may seem like they dole out free cash, but, if you must deposit and you are not guaranteed to get your money back, we would hesitate to call an offer free.
How many free bets are there for UK customers?
This number is trending upwards as more and more internet gambling sites are jockeying for their piece of this ever-expanding market. Punters should check the database regularly to keep in touch with the latest promotions and other reload offers UK that are offered.
The best types of free bet offers for UK players to claim
There are many different types of free bets waiting for you when you sign up at UK bookmakers. These can include free bets on football at UK bookies, 30 free spins no deposit for the UK, or simply free bet cash bonuses for UK players. Let us take a closer look at these deals…
Type of free bet
Getting to grips with the Ts and Cs of UK free bets
Unsurprisingly, snapping up free bets when you join UK sites may see you faced with terms and conditions. This is not just the case with free bets, or sports bonus codes, at online sites in the UK, but everywhere. Nor are these terms and conditions solely attached to online bookies provided free bets to UK players.
They can be found on seemingly all sportsbook, casino, bingo, and poker-related reload offers. When betting with free bets in the UK, it is worth taking note of these rules, so you are not given a nasty surprise later. We have covered the most important ones below:
- Minimum bet odds: Whether you wish to place footy bets or wager at horse racing betting sites in the UK, minimum bet odds require you to wager on an event which has specific odds. The odds of the event you bet on must at least match the minimum bet odds described in the promotion for it to be valid.
- Minimum deposit limits: To claim a bonus, players may be required to make a minimum deposit. This is often low, such as £10 or £20, but failing to deposit less than the minimum amount will not see you eligible to claim an offer. These requirements are commonplace across the gambling world.
- Bonuses which are tied to sporting events: Some bonuses are only valid on selected events and markets. You may not, for instance, be able to use a no deposit bonus for e-sports betting at UK sites. Nor can you place footy bets at CSGO Betting sites in the UK unless they say so. Always check the markets which are valid with a bonus before you claim it.
- Specific payment methods: Some bonuses will not be triggered if you deposit with specific payment methods. Any list of excluded banking options can often be found in the terms and conditions of a bonus.
- Bonus/promo codes: When you want to bet with free bets at UK sites, you may need bonus or free bet codes. These can often be found on the promos page of a major bookie. The code tells the bookmaker which offer you wish to claim. Without it, you will not trigger the relevant bonus.
- Non-returned stakes: Normally when you bet, you would expect to get your stake plus your winnings back and added to your balance. However, this is not always the case. Some betting offers at UK sites have SNR (Stake Not Returned) terms. This means that while a player will pocket winnings via a bonus, they will not get their initial stake back. Non-returned stake terms are rare but are very much worth reading up on.
- Expiration dates: Every bonus at UK betting sites will likely expire at some point. Checking out the expiry date is well worth doing. After all, what is the point in claiming an offer, only to see it expire unused?
You can find the terms and conditions of any UK bonus via the promotions page, or the lobby at a UK bookmaker. A few other terms may also be present, and you are advised to check them.
These can include win caps, withdrawal caps, as well as KYC (know your customer) checks to ensure that you are above the legal gambling age in the UK (18). If your bet has not been settled, it will usually be because you have missed something in the terms and conditions of any offer you claimed.
How do UK free bet offers compare to the ones for other countries?
One major difference between these sites and other UK betting sites around the world is the company size. Many top sites that cater to UK customers are well-established and have been able to retain a huge volume of customers. They achieve this by building reputations for fast payouts, excellent customer service, and money back betting offers that are easily converted into cash. A fast payout is usually what bettors are looking for and they can get it with instant withdrawal bookmakers.
Other online gaming sites may offer many attractive bonuses but the rigid terms and conditions that must be met in order to turn these bonuses into cash are quite cumbersome. Many gambling sites require multiple rollovers and other restrictions that can be frustrating and hard to achieve.
These larger and well-established betting sites such as the ones mentioned above have much looser restrictions when it comes to turning bonuses into cash. This is why these betting sites have a growing list of satisfied customers that help these online businesses maintain their status as industry leaders.
Our team has spent many hours comparing free bet sign up offers at UK sites with those for other countries. We have concluded that massive free bets at UK sites are considerably fairer than in many other countries because of the regulation set forth by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. This same regulator also makes match betting in the UK are far more pleasant experience than in countries where sports betting is less regulated.
Tips to get started with free bets at UK bookmakers
Before you dive straight in trying to claim the best free bet offers that the UK has to offer, why not get some friendly advice? While all UK licensed bookmakers offering free bets in the UK are fair, there are some free bets provided to players with new accounts at UK bookies which are better than others. Here, then, are a few free bet UK tips for you…
- Always read the terms and conditions of any offer before you claim it. After all, there are both totally free (risk-free and money back) and technically free (match deposit) offers out there.
- Try and pick a free bet deal which offers flexible terms when it comes to events and minimum odds. This will allow you to select a wager which provides you with the most favourable chance of winning.
- Make sure that your free bet bonus pays out your winnings in real cash. If it pays out winnings in “bonus cash”, then you cannot withdraw it.
- Avoid free bet bonuses which require you to deposit to claim your winnings. This condition essentially makes seemingly risk-free bet bonuses the same as match deposit offers.
- Feel free to contact customer support and discuss your free bet offer with them before claiming it. They will be able to offer you more information than a typical FAQ or the terms and conditions page can.
Get started with UK free bets with these 5 short steps
If you think that you are ready to start bagging UK free bet and no deposit deals, the next section is for you. Are you wondering how to get free bets at UK sites? Follow these five short steps to get yourself started…
Who offers free bets to UK players?
There are many free bet bookies in the UK for you to join. We have put together an impressive list of free bet sites for UK players on this page. Some websites offer a bonus bet for UK players which is worth a free £10 stake.
Others on our UK free bet list include risk-free, money-back deals. We have highlighted two of the biggest bookmakers – UK based and their promotions here for you:
William Hill promises a £10 bet (free bet) for UK players right now. This bonus does not require a deposit to be made. It does have minimum odds and wagering requirements, but if you win, the money is yours to keep. If you lose your bet, you have only lost the bookie’s cash, making it an extremely attractive offer for all newbies.
These are just a few of many online betting sites that offer UK sports freebets. These betting companies are all well respected and trusted, which is part of the reason for their success.
Check Gamblingjudge’s list of betting sites in the United Kingdom to find more great offers for your country.
The perks and pitfalls of UK free bet offers
As with any type of promotion when you bet, free bets in the UK have pros and cons. We will not bore you with an overly extensive list here. Let us begin…
- Gives you a free taste of what life is like at a bookmaker
- If you are smart, you can win real money without depositing
- Can often be used to wager on a variety of markets
- There are some which have no risk whatsoever
- Free bets are available for all UK players, no matter where you live
- Some “free bets” require you to deposit
- A handful only pay out their winnings as “bonus cash” which is non-withdrawable
Frequently Asked Questions about UK Free Bets:
You may still have a lingering question or query on free UK bets. Before we go, we will try and be as helpful as we can and answer them.
Most free bet sign up offers at UK sites are safe. However, some free bets associated with new accounts at UK bookies are more advantageous than others. In terms of safety, if the bookmaker is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, it is safe and legal.
As mentioned above, free bet promotions in the UK can vary. The most significant difference between no deposit UK bonuses and free bets is that the former are always risk-free, while the latter “may” require you to deposit.
Again, the answer to this question is not so much about the free bet deals themselves, but the UK bookie offering them. If you open a betting account at a UKGC licensed bookmaker, everything is legal and above board.
There is seldom any difference between UK free bets at new or older, more experienced sites. The value of a bonus is visible via its terms and conditions, not the bookmaker itself.
Spread betting in the UK is possible, as is arbitrage betting. Unfortunately, a free bet will not get you very far with either of these strategies. You could use your free bet to build up a balance to help you engage in those types of bets if you are lucky or smart, though.
Bag your free bet UK bonuses today!
As touched upon already, you can find the best UK free bet offers right here on this page. Our website is packed with top betting offers for most mainstream UK bookies. Some are amongst the best free bet UK deals you can claim, and others are top match deposit bonuses.
Whether you are looking for free bets, deposit bonuses, 5-pound betting sites, or just excellent recommendations for somewhere to place bets online, our website has you covered.
Also, if you also want to learn how to bet online from abroad as a UK player, check here our guide.
Other articles you might like:
- Bitcoin betting UK: The ultimate guide to bitcoin gambling in UK 
- Betting & Gambling Tax in the UK – What do you have to pay, and when?
- New Horse Racing Betting Sites in the UK – Best New UK Horse Racing Betting Sites  – Updated List
- Risk Free Bet Offers
- Best odds guaranteed – betting guide
- Live betting free bet bonuses
- Bookmakers by Currencies – Stop Paying Exchange Fees
- Daily price boosts and enhanced odds
- Super High Five