If you want to try Asian handicap bets but can’t decide which bookmaker to start with, we recommend you to try the Betfair Asian handicap option.
Serving as both a bookmaker and an exchange, Betfair is one of the largest operators in the market and it is possible to find the most competitive odds for almost all sports.
Asian handicap Betfair is therefore very advantageous and allows those who want to try this type of bet for the first time to get a higher potential payout.
In this guide we have prepared to help you, you can find all the information that will give you a quick start to Betfair Asian handicap betting.
- 1About Asian handicap Betfair
- 2Selection of Betfair Asian handicap bets
- 3Betfair exchange Asian handicap odds
- 4How to bet with Asian handicap on Betfair?
- 5Betfair Asian handicap live betting
- 6The outcomes of the Betfair Asian handicap system
- 7Special rules for Betfair trading Asian handicap
- 8Betfair Asian handicap tips for beginners
- 9What to expect from Asian handicap Betfair bets?
- 10Frequently Asked Questions about Betfair Asian handicap betting:
Betfair - Our recommended pick for Asian handicap
About Asian handicap Betfair
Selection of Betfair Asian handicap bets
Betfair Asian handicap bets are offered for all popular sports. After logging in, you can see a list of all supported sports on the left. If you choose any sport from this list, you will see a list of matches where Asian handicap bets are available.
Click on any of these matches and see both the odds & betting options. Compared to other bookmakers, we can say that Betfair Asian handicap coverage is much wider and almost all global leagues are supported.
Betfair exchange Asian handicap odds
How to bet with Asian handicap on Betfair?
So, how does Asian handicap work on Betfair? Let’s explain this process step-by-step and with screenshots. It is actually easy to place an Asian handicap (or alternative Asian handicap) bet on Betfair:
- Start by visiting the official Betfair website and click the “join now” button if you are not already a member.
- Fill out the membership form and log in with your credentials. 3.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see a menu that lists all kinds of sports you can place a bet on. Pick any sport you like (in this example, we picked football).4.
- Pick a match for that sport: We picked ASC vs Bangalore Dream United, for example.5.
- The next screen will list all of the available betting options for that match, including the Asian handicap. To just see the Asian handicap offers (i.e. 1st half Asian handicap, Asian handicap 0.25, etc.), select it from the menu at the left.
7. When you do this, the betting slip on the right side of the screen will be updated with your selections. You can see the total cost of your bet also in this section. When you are done, click the “place bets” button – that’s all. Now, you can start waiting for the match results.
Betfair Asian handicap live betting
To see which matches have in-play support, simply look in the upper left corner of the screen: If the “in play” option is marked green, it means you can use this option.
The outcomes of the Betfair Asian handicap system
You learned how to place your bet, so the next step is learning how to win money betting on Asian handicap Betfair. In other words, what are the winning/losing conditions? The table below will list all possible outcomes and answer all your questions:
YOU WIN THE BET, IF:
YOU LOSE THE BET, IF:
There are three more things you need to know about Betfair Asian handicap bets:
- Void bets: This means the result of the match is a draw. If this is the case, you get a refund in some scenarios or win half/lose half of your initial bet, as explained in the table above.
- Settlement score: This term is used to define the result of a match with the given handicap. It is different from the actual score of the match: This score is used to settle the bets and shows the result with the handicaps applied.
- Quarter goal handicaps: The table above shows full-line and half-line bets. There are also quarter-line bets you can place: These are actually two separate full-line or half-line bets. For example, Asian handicap 1 and Asian handicap -1 bets can be placed together. If this is the case, you actually place two full-line bets (+1 and -1). This is also possible for half-line bets, i.e. Asian handicap 0.5 and Asian handicap -0.5 (+0.5 and -0.5). The win/lose conditions are the same, but it is possible to win one of these bets and lose the other one, or win both/lose both.
- We didn’t include the Asian handicap 0.0, which is esentially the draw no bet. When you bet on the 0.0 handicap on a team you will win if the team wins and in case of a draw you will get your stakes refunded. In point spread betting you may see the Asian handicap 0.0 expressed as PK. For a more detailed explanation have a look at our “what does PK mean in betting?” article.
Please check our Asian handicap betting guide for more information about these options: We explained them in detail in our other guides. You can also check our relegation betting guide that will highly help you understand why betting on football is very profitable.
Special rules for Betfair trading Asian handicap
Betfair only works as an intermediary and receives a certain commission from the payouts. So this commission will be deducted from your earnings. If you are thinking about making a living on Betfair, you should also consider this. Despite this disadvantage, you can find higher odds and a higher number of offers, which is the advantage of exchange sites.
Betfair Asian handicap tips for beginners
- The general Betfair trading strategies can be used for Betfair Asian handicaps In other words, you can buy low & sell high or practice sharbing or dutching, so you can guarantee a payout no matter what the result is. We explained these tactics in our Asian handicap arbitrage article, so you should check it out too.
- Underdog betting can pay quite a lot if you do your research. It will always have higher odds but this is not the only reason to pick it: In some conditions (i.e. at the end of the season), the underdog really has a chance of winning. If you do your research to find these conditions, make sure to place a bet for the underdog too.
What to expect from Asian handicap Betfair bets?
- Higher odds when compared to regular bookmakers
- You can score quite big payouts
- You can place your bets on mobile
- Covers almost all leagues for popular sports
- The interface needs some time to get used to
- Too many options may confuse beginners
Frequently Asked Questions about Betfair Asian handicap betting:
The general rules (winning conditions) are the same but the odds will be different: In the exchange, bettors bet against each other and it is possible to find higher odds & more offers.
Yes. Betfair supports this option. If the “in-play” sign is marked green, you can use in-play Asian handicap bets on Betfair.
There are other exchanges (or regular bookmakers) you can use bıt Betfair is the most popular one. This means it has more liquidity, more odds, and more betting options.
Betfair offers several bonuses to new and current members. It is possible to use these bonuses on Asian handicap bets too. Check the “current promotions” page of Betfair for more info.
Win big with the right Asian handicap Betfair strategy
Betfair Asian handicap bets can offer you competitive odds & big payouts. You have learned how they work and what to expect from Asian handicap Betfair offers.
Now it is time to make some practice. Join Betfair today and place your Asian handicap bet: Don’t forget to use a bonus too. As always, we wish you good luck!
Other related articles you might like: