Before talking about BTTS strategy, let’s start by answering the obvious question: What does BTTS mean?
This is actually short for “both teams to score” and if you think that the excitement of a game of football is only as high as the number of goals produced, then you will surely like the idea of both teams to score bets.
This wager is also immensely popular with bookmakers, so those who wager over the Internet will have the chance to place lucrative bets of this type. Every now and then bookies offer bonuses and freebies to those who bet on a high number of goals, so this is pretty much a win-win situation.
- 1Both Teams To Score - The Ultimate Guide
- 2Both teams to score rules
- 3Best BTTS Tips for Maximizing Profits
- 4Both teams to score and win tips
- 5Top bookies for btts wagers
- 6Right Time for Both Teams to Score Betting
- 7Betting Against Both Teams to Score System
- 8Placing a BTTS Bet in Football Betting
- 9Pros & Cons of Both Team to Score Strategy
- 10FAQ About Both Teams to Score System
Best bookmakers where you can place BTTS bets in 21 June 2022 – Updated List
Both Teams To Score - The Ultimate Guide
Both teams to score rules
Before talking about a BTTS strategy, we must explain the rules of this bet. It’s hard to find a wager with simpler rules, so if you’re in the market for a basic bet that requires minimal user involvement, this is the perfect way to make the first step. The only requirement is for both teams to score for the wager to be deemed a winner and they also need to do it in regulation time.
A both teams to score accumulator also need to factor in this key requirement, but the goals scored in the few minutes of overtime awarded by the referee also count. This is also important to know in order to create the most accurate BTTS predictions.
It goes without saying that the goals scored in extra time and the ones resulting from penalties are not going to make any difference. On the bright side, you can place a single bet, but also a double bet, trebles and virtually any type of system you can think of. This can be an important part of your football betting strategy.
Finding and using a both teams to score strategy is really not that hard: The rules are simple enough and you can develop a strategy even by yourself.
In those cases in which the game is abandoned or postponed, the both teams to score bets will be voided and removed from the betting slip. This is standard industry practice and applies to all the wagers regardless of their nature.
Best BTTS Tips for Maximizing Profits
Both teams to score and win tips
And now we can start talking about best both teams to score predictions and give tips about them. Once again, note that these tricks and BTTS system examples are targeted towards veterans, so if you are a beginner, check our other guides first, such as how to win big on football bets, how to win at sports betting, all sports betting terms explained, and how to make money with sports betting.
One wager that draws inspiration from classic btts bets is the both teams to score and win. This is a slightly more complex type of bet that requires players to also indicate the name of the winner, in addition to having both teams scoring at least one goal. It is not to be mistaken with betting on both teams to win, which we explain more in detail in the “Can you bet on both teams to win?” article. You can also start with our BTTS meaning: what is btts guide.
Since there is an indissoluble link between the risks taken and the return on investment, it comes as no surprise that btts and win wagers that are successful will lead to more significant profits.
- Most btts and win tips are following the same guidelines as the ones applying to the standard bet, as the number of goals is at the cornerstone of this strategy. It is not sufficient for the chosen team to defeat its opponent and when punters wager on lopsided games, the real challenge is to actually have the underdog find its way to the net.
- Both teams to score and win tips are usually focusing on the lesser squad, by highlighting the reasons they are worth your confidence. It pays off to place such a bet when the underdog desperately needs points and is willing to press on for 90 minutes despite crushing odds. If such a team plays on the road, then it’s even better to bet on the favorites which also have the home pitch advantage.
- Football tips both teams to score and win can be a bit tricky in the final stages of international competitions, rendering the visiting possibility of games being settled in extra time or penalties. It is better to steer clear from such games, as there is a good possibility for the team ahead to barricade itself in its own half. Perhaps even more dangerous is the scenario in which none of the competitors score in the first half and the two managers decide to take fewer chances after the 60th minute.
- Win and btts tips sometimes go sour due to the fact that when two teams are tied in the second half, they prefer to bolster their defenses, despite having plenty of time to mount consecutive attacks.
- Risk-averse players would be better off placing individual wagers on both teams to score and win markets, even if they have access to excellent btts and win predictions. The odds are high enough not to require punters to take additional chances, something that they feel compelled to do when wagering on outright btts markets.
- Generally the odds are also higher when betting on balanced games, as opposed to wagering on fixtures between huge favorites and the underdogs. Many times when two teams stand more or less an equal chance to win the bookmaker will have difficulties setting the odds. That’s why you encounter even odds (2.00 or 1/1) and EVS betting is exactly taking advantage of these odds and double your money.
The both team to score and win tips are basically the same hints given to punters who bet on btts markets, with a twist. Many of these strategies are also built on the assumption that players don’t mind betting on several events simultaneously. The advantage of accumulator bets is that you can combine low-risk events on the same wagering slip and have the odds compounded.
Top bookies for btts wagers
Right Time for Both Teams to Score Betting
BTTS strategy requires looking at the rate of goals scored per game rather than the performance of a team throughout the season. So, you still have to follow the performance of the teams and do research, but the things you need to pay attention to are different: You have to consider how likely the teams are to score goals in each match and their level of defense. For example:
- A team may not score but also may not concede a goal.
- A team may score at least one goal each match but also concede multiple goals.
- A team may score at least one goal each game and never concede a goal.
All these statistics will enable you to make the best BTTS prediction. (You can also use this information for over 1.5 goals strategy and live betting strategies.) Generally speaking, when teams that play aggressively and have scored at least one goal in each match meet, this is the best time to place a BTTS bet. Make sure these teams do not also have a clean sheet (*). In other words, they must be conceding goals as well as scoring them. If you can find two teams that score at least one goal and concede at least one goal in every match, you have the perfect opportunity to bet on BTTS. But also consider the home/away situation of the teams: Home teams are always more likely to score and away teams always play more defensively.
(*) What is clean sheet in soccer? This means the goalkeeper protected his corner and did not concede a goal in the entire match.
Betting Against Both Teams to Score System
Placing a BTTS Bet in Football Betting
We can explain how to place a bet on both teams using football. While each bookmaker has its own interface and options, the general steps you ned to follow are the same.
- Log in to your favorite bookmaker and pick football from the menu on the left side.
- At this point, your bet slip (the one on the right side) will show an option for “multiple” (or multi generator, each bookmaker is different). Click on it.
- Select the “both teams to score” option. All available matches will be listed.
- Take your picks, enter the bet amount, and place the bet by clicking the “submit” button.
Pros & Cons of Both Team to Score Strategy
- Many variants are available
- The payouts can be quite big
- Not too complex: even beginners can use it
- You cannot completely eliminate the luck factor
- Some variants offer less winning chances
FAQ About Both Teams to Score System
No. A BTTS bet is about giving both teams a chance to score a goal/point until the event ends, so you cannot simply use the cashout option. There is no bookmaker that offers that and BTTS market is not suitable for cashouts.
This depends on how you analyse both teams to score market and how good you are at making BTTS predictions. A BTTS strategy won’t guarantee any winnings, but it will help you to win more often & lose less.
No. Teams to score bet is not an exotic option but small-sized bookmakers cannot afford to offer multiple bet types, so we can say that it is available only at biggest bookmakers (and the ones we recommend, of course).
No. BTTS bets have many variants as explained above, and they all have different odds. For example, the odds for both teams to score and both halves bets will be different.
Try Your Luck with the Best Both Teams to Score Bets
You can do this right now: We gave several BTTS strategy examples above and you know how both teams to score system works. It is now time to make some practice, so pick one of our recommended bookmakers and start making BTTS predictions. We also have other guides that can help you further, such as to win either half bet, second half betting explained, and win both halves explained. Read them all and start winning big by using a both team to score strategy today!
Other For sports
How To Become A Professional Sports Gambler – Best Tips & Strategies
Prоfеѕѕiоnаl ѕроrtѕ gаmblеrѕ don’t rеlу оn luck. Thеу rеlу оn ѕkill аnd ѕtаtiѕtiсѕ to ply thеir trаdе. Anуоnе ѕеriоuѕ аbоut bеtting knows thаt it tаkеѕ timе аnd dеdiсаtiоn tо bесоmе a рrоfеѕѕiоnаl gаmblеr. Building еxреrt knоwlеdgе оf a ѕроrt аnd gаthеring еnоugh fundѕ tо invest in bеtting full-timе iѕ mеrеlу thе ѕtаrting роint оf mаking [...]
Best Bore Draw Promotions
The quality of a football match is not indissolubly linked to the number of goals scored, although the fans prefer a high scoring game. In fact one of the reasons for why many regular football aficionados end up placing a wager on a match is to turn the heat up a notch and make even [...]
Top 10 sports betting mobile apps
Back in the day the very possibility of wagering over the Internet sounded far-fetched and punters were delighted when the first online bookmakers emerged. Mobile betting sites came later and for quite a while, punters were reliant on their computers for all forms of gambling. Today the sky is the limit and the advancements of [...]
First Goalscorer Markets, Rules and Offers
The most straightforward way of tackling a football match is by betting on the outright winner or on the number of goals scored. Virtually all bookmakers offer these markets and depending on the popularity of the event and the importance of the competition, they throw more of them into the mix. At the same time, [...]